These days, dining out can be as big a gamble as a session at the roulette wheel. Reduced hours, limited menus, soaring prices, staffing issues, and restaurant surcharges can easily turn your special meal into an ordeal. Now imagine being a vegetarian or vegan! You may as well stay home and gnaw on baby carrots, right? Perhaps not. StarBase is about to launch a monthly plant-based brunch series, and it'll be a lot more than salad and a glass of juice.
Surely you remember StarBase, the visionary performance and event space we told you about here and here. Yes, those innovators keep coming up with new ways to grab our attention at Vegas 411...and that's a good thing. Now they've expanded their offerings from tailgate parties and dance-club vibes to the best in healthy dining in a fun, festive way. They're calling it PLANT-BASED SUNDAYS by The Edible Bunch.
Caramelized and sugar-crusted French toast
Beginning January 16th, guests can explore StarBase’s high-tech venue and visit food stations offering an extensive selection of options including:
- Crudite with an array of vegan meats, cheese, fresh seasonal and exotic fruits, vegetables, nuts, and dips
- Caramelized and sugar-crusted French toast with berry compote drizzle and coconut cream
- Housemade and seared to order chickpea steaks with fresh herbs and vegan butter with a potato medley and tofu scramble
- Seasoned, crusted, and fried cauliflower nuggets tossed in their original BBQ and hot sauce
- Roasted and baked butternut squash mac-n-cheese with toppings including tomato and caper tapenade, cashew parm, and balsamic onion
- A variety of desserts such as butter pecan cake shooters made with butter pound cake layered with caramelized pecans, vegan buttercream, and vegan caramel; lemon cream cake shooters made with lemon pound cake layered with berry compote, lemon buttercream, and candied lemon peel; and “ube” purple sweet potato pie with flaky vegan pie crust filled with sweet ube and sugar-dusted
Roasted butternut squash mac-n-cheese
In addition to all-you-can-eat of gloriously healthy foods, diners can indulge in delicious craft cocktails or upgrade their brunch experience to include bottomless mimosas for an additional $20. There will be plenty to excite your other senses as well, like health and wellness activities, a marketplace of plant-based vendors, and social games. Actress and media personality Asia Jade is slated to emcee each month, serving up excitement with the sounds of recording artist Dizzy Wright. Guests can also enter a raffle for a chance to win a private room for up to 30 guests to enjoy three hours’ worth of refreshments and complimentary bottles of champagne.
Although Plant-based Brunch is built around a meat-free lifestyle, there WILL be plenty of beef on display in the form of Alexander Stabler. This incredibly gifted dancer/acrobat/aerialist was a featured performer in Wynn's Le Reve and recently joined the cast of Chippendales. Stabler will be bringing his athleticism, grace, and sex appeal to StarBase Plant Brunch with live performances for your enjoyment. Read more about this jaw-dropping talent by visiting here.
The culinary wizards behind Plant-based Sundays are Valencia Lawrence and Myles Bunch, a pair of personal chefs dedicated to uniting health and wellness with exciting flavors. They formed The Edible Bunch in order to accomplish that goal and bring their creations to the Las Vegas community. You can peruse their specialty menu and learn more by visiting the Edible Bunch website.
Plant-Based Sundays will take place on Jan. 16, Feb. 20, Mar. 20, and Apr. 24 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Tickets cost $80 per person and are on sale now at starbaselv.com. A portion of the proceeds will benefit a no-kill shelter. StarBase is located at 3905 W Diablo Dr. near Allegiant Stadium.